SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
London Taxidermy Academy
8 Lant Street
London SE1 1QR
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES POLICY
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your region of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your region of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 9 - WEBSITE VISITORS
We collect the following Personal data from or about you as a participant of any of our courses:
- Personal Data Collected Directly from you through the course booking process: your name, phone number, postal address and email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is to contact you regarding participating in our courses.
We collect the following Personal Data about you if you visit one of our Sites:
- site referrals, browsing pattern, browser type, location, general interests, gender, age. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/ HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in operating the Sites, providing you with access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of our potential customers and providing you with relevant information about our services.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide you with bespoke website content (for example by analysing our site visitors’ purchase history);
- to gain insight into your behaviour and preferences (for example by analysing the website pages you visit);
- to create bespoke marketing messages (for example by analysing the click throughs on our Sites);
- to re-target our website visitors with relevant marketing messages (for example by using cookies hosted on our Sites);
- to collect site statistics.
For more information please see our Cookie Statement
We will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Sites, provide our services to you and administer your account or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- Online store Shopify: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Payment Processor:
- Paypal, https://www.paypal.com/ee/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Stripe, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified https://stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy
- Cloud Storage: Google Drive, https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
- Newsletter & mailing lists: Mail Chimp, https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Web Management Tools:
- Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- AWS, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised Third Mind Production employees.
We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- a registered user of our Site;
- have completed a purchase with us in the last 36 months; or
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you.
If you have not opened any email communication from a us or interacted in any other way with our us for 36 months we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
⦁ You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at an time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from one of our brands (“Update your subscription preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending your request with detailed instructions for our Customer Services team.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
- You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact information provided in the contact us section of this privacy notice.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com [Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM GMT] or by mail at:
London Taxidermy Academy
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
8 Lant Street
London SE1 1QR