We offer taxidermy workshops of various durations designed to teach you the basic taxidermy techniques required to skin, flesh, preserve and mount a specimen. You will learn the basics of the fine art of taxidermy in our start to finish, no experience necessary, hands-on workshops and leave with your own mounted, finished piece.
Workshop and Specimens are sold separately and must be purchased together to complete a booking!
- All materials & supplies
- Course Pack (incl. information on taxidermy law and contact details of reputable suppliers)
Workshops do not include:
- Props and miniature outfits (feel free to bring your own)
- Refreshments other than coffee, tea and water
Weekend Workshop 10am-5pm (approx.); 1st & 3rd weekend of each month. This workshop is designed for large sized specimen, including:
- Birds, Rabbits, Squirrels, as well as many other seasonal large sized specimens, see store for details
Evening Workshop, 5:30pm-9:30pm (approx.); 1st & 2nd Monday of each month
Weekend workshop, 2pm-6pm (approx.); last Sunday of each month. Perfect class as an introduction to the art of taxidermy. This workshop is designed for small sized specimen, including:
- Mice, Gerbils, as well as many other seasonal small sized specimens, see store for details
Evening Workshop, 5pm-9:30pm (approx.); 1st Tuesday of each month. Perfect class as an introduction to the art of taxidermy. This workshop is designed for medium sized specimen, including:
- Guinea Pigs, Rats, Moles, as well as many other seasonal medium sized specimens, see store for details
Weekend workshop, 3pm-6pm (approx.); last Saturday of each month
From July 2014: Weekend workshop, 10am-1pm (approx.); last Sunday of each month. This workshop is designed for insect preservation.
- 10 Butterflies/Moths (mixed sizes and colours) Preservation Workshop from
- Display frame sold separately
Everything you need to know about mounting and creating display cases and decorative boxes of butterflies, moths or giant beetles (specimens vary depending on stock, no frames are included).
There is a minimum time frame before booking a Workshop. Workshop space cannot be guaranteed for workshops that start in less than 32 hours from the time of booking. This is because specimens require preparation ahead of the workshop. In the event you will be issued with a workshop voucher and asked to rebook for a future date.